MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. and MUNICH, March 7, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Synopsys, Inc. (Nasdaq: SNPS) today announced it will host CodenomiCON Europe, a private cybersecurity thought leadership event, during Embedded World 2017 in Indabahn, Nuremberg. On March 14th, from 6 p.m. – 10 p.m. CET, an elite group of cybersecurity experts will host a series of presentations and a panel discussion on "Embedded Systems Security," focusing on three vertical markets: medical, transportation and consumer devices. The event will also feature the following keynotes:
- Dr. Gary McGraw, Vice President of Security Technology at Synopsys Software Integrity Group, will discuss the history of software security from its inception 15 years ago to a multi-billion dollar, high impact industry
- Graham Murphy, Security Researcher at BlackBerry, will address the importance of ensuring security in both the hardware and software of automotive, IoT and medical devices
- Dr. Charlie Miller, a leading cybersecurity researcher (formerly at Uber), will talk about the future of automotive security, including technologies such as V2X
A medical device security demonstration analyzing vulnerabilities impacting patient safety issues will take place during the CondenomiCON Europe.
CodenomiCON Europe Agenda:
- Welcome to CodenomiCON - Dr. Andreas Kuehlmann, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Synopsys Software Integrity Group
- Opening Keynote - Dr. Gary McGraw, Vice President of Security Technology, Synopsys Software Integrity Group
- Featured Keynote - Graham Murphy, Security Researcher, BlackBerry
- Featured Keynote - Dr. Charlie Miller, Cybersecurity Researcher (formerly at Uber)
- Medical Demonstration - Billy Rios, founder of Whitescope, and Chris Clark, Principal Security Engineer, Strategic Initiatives, Synopsys Software Integrity Group
- Panel discussion on Embedded Systems Security:
- Dr. Gary McGraw – Synopsys
- Dr. Charlie Miller
- Dr. Marie Moe – SINTEF
- Dr. Gunter Bitz – SAP
- Priyamvadha Vembar – Bosch
Complimentary food and drinks will be served throughout the evening. The event is free and space is limited. Additional information, including how to register for the event, can be found at https://software.synopsys.com/CodenomiCON-EU-2017.html.
Visit Synopsys at Embedded World 2017 in Hall 4A/4A-338 and Hall 4/4-360
At Embedded World 2017, Synopsys Software Integrity Group will showcase its automated analysis and testing technologies for software development, which allow organizations to detect and remediate defects, vulnerabilities and compliance issues throughout the software development life cycle (SDLC) in Hall 4A, at booth #4A-338. Synopsys will also demonstrate its software development, testing, prototyping, FPGA Design and IP technologies in Hall 4, at booth #4-360.
Synopsys Exhibitor's Forum Presentations
Wednesday, March 15:
- Synplify Premier - Automated FPGA-based Functional Safety Design – from noon – 12.30 p.m. – Exhibitor presentation – Hall 4, Booth #4-442
Thursday, March 16:
- The Enemy at the Gates: Lax IoT Security Threatens Product Owners – And Everyone Else – from 10.30 a.m. – 11.00 a.m. – Hall 3A, Booth #3A-511
More details can be viewed at https://www.synopsys.com/verification/resources/events/embedded-world-2017.html.
Synopsys Conference Presentations
Thursday, March 16:
- Session 30: Address IoT Security at the Source: The Emerging Role of Modern Static Analysis – from 10.30 a.m. – 11.30 a.m.
Speaker: Yan Huang, Sr. Product Marketing Manager, Software Integrity Group
- Session 33: USB 3.1, Type-C, DisplayPort and HDCP: How to Ramp Up and Integrate Quickly for Fast Time-to-Market – from 11:30 a.m. – 12.30 p. m.
Speaker: Blessy Alexander, Senior Manager, Solution CAE and Subsystems
More details can be viewed at http://www.embedded-world.eu/program.html.
Synopsys, Inc. (Nasdaq: SNPS) is the Silicon to Software™ partner for innovative companies developing the electronic products and software applications we rely on every day. As the world's 15th largest software company, Synopsys has a long history of being a global leader in electronic design automation (EDA) and semiconductor IP and is also growing its leadership in software security and quality solutions. Whether you're a system-on-chip (SoC) designer creating advanced semiconductors, or a software developer writing applications that require the highest security and quality, Synopsys has the solutions needed to deliver innovative, high-quality, secure products. Learn more at www.synopsys.com.
Mark Van Elderen (Software Integrity Group)
Dagmar Schulz (PR Agency)
Eskenzi PR & Marketing
+49 (0) 511 353 24 69-2
SOURCE Synopsys, Inc.