Latest Release Helps Optical Designers Build Project Specifications and Manage Design and Performance Goals
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., March 6, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
- Adds CODE V SpecBuilder tool to create optical design specifications and goals table
- Adds CODE V SpecEvaluator tool to instantly assess optical system design vs. project specifications and goals
Synopsys, Inc. (Nasdaq: SNPS) today announced version 11.0 of its CODE V® optical design software with the new SpecBuilder™ and SpecEvaluator™ tools to provide a streamlined, structured approach to defining and monitoring optical specifications and requirements. Optical system designers typically use a table of specs and goals to describe the requirements and design objectives for an optical system. In CODE V release 11.0, designers can use the SpecBuilder tool to create a comprehensive table of specs and goals tailored to their application. Then, at any point in the design cycle, designers can use the SpecEvaluator tool to instantly analyze the optical system and identify areas that do not meet performance requirements or other parameters.
"CODE V SpecBuilder and SpecEvaluator tools support the overall goal of ensuring that an optical design meets specifications," said George Bayz, vice president and general manager of Synopsys' Optical Solutions Group. "The tools help minimize project costs by providing optical designers with in-depth understanding of design performance prior to prototyping and fabrication."
CODE V SpecBuilder
Simple and intuitive, the CODE V SpecBuilder tool lets designers quickly build a complete set of optical design project specs and goals.
- Provides a central location for design teams to agree upon, document, track and report on requirements throughout the life of an optical design project
- Includes a wide variety of pre-built specs based on Synopsys optical engineering and industry expertise including optical, mechanical, performance, manufacturability, environmental and cost specs
- Allows designers to include specialized optical metrics by creating custom specs using the CODE V Macro-PLUS™ feature
CODE V SpecEvaluator
The CODE V SpecEvaluator tool allows designers to instantly assess an optical system design versus project specs and performance goals.
- With a single button click, runs evaluations to gauge design progress at any time during an optical design project
- Highlights aspects of an optical design that do not meet specs and goals
- Incorporates quality monitoring into the design process and helps manage project quality assurance to avoid errors or miscommunications, especially in a multi-team environment
"As a freelance optical designer working under deadline pressures, it is essential for me to quickly and continuously verify that my current design meets my client's specification," said Rainer Jetter, president of Jetter-Optikentwicklung. "The CODE V SpecBuilder tool is ideal for this verification. When I start my design, I define the specification in SpecBuilder. Then, throughout the design evolution, I simply click the SpecEvaluator button to obtain a rapid evaluation of the current design state and assurance that my design is on the right track."
About CODE V
CODE V software is an optical engineering and design solution that supports the optimization, analysis and tolerancing of image-forming optical systems and free-space photonic devices. For more information, visit http://optics.synopsys.com/codev.
Synopsys, Inc. (Nasdaq: SNPS) is the Silicon to Software™ partner for innovative companies developing the electronic products and software applications we rely on every day. As the world's 15th largest software company, Synopsys has a long history of being a global leader in electronic design automation (EDA) and semiconductor IP and is also growing its leadership in software security and quality solutions. Whether you're a system-on-chip (SoC) designer creating advanced semiconductors, or a software developer writing applications that require the highest security and quality, Synopsys has the solutions needed to deliver innovative, high-quality, secure products. Learn more at www.synopsys.com.
SOURCE Synopsys, Inc.