Acquisition Complements DesignWare IP Portfolio with a Broad Range of Security IP
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., June 29, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
- Acquisition demonstrates Synopsys' continued investment in providing the electronics industry with the technology necessary for developing secure products
- Complements DesignWare IP portfolio with proven security IP solutions for identification, authentication, data encryption and content protection
- IP solutions address a range of security requirements for applications including mobile, automotive, digital home, Internet of Things and cloud computing
Synopsys, Inc. (Nasdaq: SNPS) today announced that it has acquired Elliptic Technologies, a leading provider of security IP cores and software solutions for mobile, automotive, digital home, Internet of Things (IoT) and cloud computing applications. This acquisition follows Synopsys' recently announced acquisition of Codenomicon and plans to acquire Quotium's Seeker product, demonstrating Synopsys' continued investment in providing the electronics industry with the necessary technology for developing secure products. Elliptic Technologies' security IP solutions complement Synopsys' DesignWare® IP portfolio with products including cryptography cores, security protocol accelerators and processors, Root of Trust embedded security IP modules, secure boot and cryptography middleware as well as content protection IP for integration into system-on-chips (SoCs). Synopsys also gains access to an experienced team of R&D engineers who have deep security expertise and are recognized as thought leaders in the security field.
Elliptic's integrated solutions enable the most efficient silicon design and highest level of security to help prevent a wide range of evolving threats in connected devices such as theft, tampering, side channels attacks, malware and data breaches.
- Cryptography cores including symmetric and hash cryptographic engines, Public Key Accelerators (PKA) and True Random Number Generators (TRNG) provide configurability for the essential building blocks of secure systems
- Security protocol accelerators and co-processors including symmetric, asymmetric, MAC functions, and packet processing support major security protocols such as IPsec, SSL/TLS/DTLS, Wi-Fi, 3GPP LTE/LTE-A, MACsec, SRTP, PKI and storage
- Embedded security IP modules establish secure hardware Root of Trust environments that enable connected devices to securely identify and authenticate themselves to create secure channels for remote device management and service deployment
- Secure boot and cryptography middleware allow the distribution of inherited trust in systems and enable provisioning services, anti-cloning protection and anti-counterfeiting using Elliptic's platform security environment
- Content protection IP including HDCP 2.2 and DTCP-IP for HDMI and DLNA-enabled devices protect audio-visual content against unauthorized copying, interception and tampering
Elliptic's products have been used by leading semiconductor and OEM companies across a wide range of markets. As a founding member of the prpl Foundation's Security Working Group, Elliptic has been dedicated to defining an open security framework for deploying secured and authenticated virtualized services in the IoT and related emerging markets.
"We live in an internet-connected world and built-in security is critical in protecting devices from malware, data breaches and more," said Joachim Kunkel, executive vice president and general manager of the Solutions Group at Synopsys. "Synopsys understands the importance of providing the industry with hardware and software solutions necessary to develop secure electronic products for markets such as IoT, mobile and automotive. The acquisition of Elliptic Technologies enables us to provide designers with a broad portfolio of proven security IP solutions that help them create the SoCs that are at the heart of secure connected devices."
The transaction is not material to Synopsys financials. Terms are not being disclosed.
Synopsys, Inc. (Nasdaq:SNPS) is the Silicon to Software™ partner for innovative companies developing the electronic products and software applications we rely on every day. As the world's 15th largest software company, Synopsys has a long history of being a global leader in electronic design automation (EDA) and semiconductor IP, and is also a leader in software quality and security testing with its Coverity® solutions. Whether you're a system-on-chip (SoC) designer creating advanced semiconductors, or a software developer writing applications that require the highest quality and security, Synopsys has the solutions needed to deliver innovative, high-quality, secure products. Learn more at www.synopsys.com.
SOURCE Synopsys, Inc.