Latest Synopsys Virtualizer Release Accelerates VDK Performance by Up to 5X for Early Software Development
New Virtualizer MultiSim and SimSight Features Boost Simulation Speed of VDKs for Complex SoCs
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., March 16, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
- Synopsys Virtualizer tool suite enables the development and deployment of VDKs for early software development
- Virtualizer MultiSim provides up to 5X faster VDK simulation speed by taking advantage of multiple cores on the host machine to enable parallel execution of VDKs
- Virtualizer SimSight enables quick visual identification of simulation performance bottlenecks, resulting in up to 5X performance gains
- Virtualizer FastBuild reduces VDK build and link time and accelerates deployment of incremental VDKs to software developers
Synopsys, Inc. (Nasdaq:SNPS) today announced availability of the latest release of its Virtualizer™ tool for creating Virtualizer Development Kits (VDKs), software development kits that use virtual prototypes as the embedded target to enable the fastest time to quality software. The latest Virtualizer release implements new features including MultiSim, SimSight and FastBuild to increase VDK simulation performance by up to 5X and accelerate VDK availability for earlier software development.
"One of the benefits of virtual prototyping is the ability to scale the prototype to an entire system," said Andreas v. Schwerin, principal engineer at Siemens. "By using the Virtualizer MultiSim feature of the VDKs, we were able to simulate our system up to five times faster than with a regular virtual prototype simulation."
The latest features in the Virtualizer tool enable virtual prototyping teams to create VDKs more quickly and with higher performance compared to using build-your-own SystemC-based modeling efforts:
- MultiSim optimizes the use of multi-core hosts for parallel execution of VDKs, accelerating simulation performance by up to 5X for SoCs consisting of independent subsystems or electronic systems using multiple SoCs
- SimSight delivers enhanced system wide simulation profiling, which shows the number of SystemC process activations, signal events and TLM-2.0 transactions, to address simulation speed bottlenecks and identify where to optimize the code for up to 5X increased performance
- FastBuild improves virtual prototype development time by using dynamic libraries to assemble a VDK, speed turnaround time of complex full-scale virtual prototypes, create derivative versions and quickly deploy updates to software teams
"With the rise in SoC complexity, developers are relying on Synopsys Virtualizer tools to help speed their software development effort and achieve quality software faster," said John Koeter, vice president of marketing for IP and prototyping at Synopsys. "This latest release of Virtualizer incorporates differentiated virtual prototyping features that help developers start their software development even earlier and increases the simulation performance of VDKs for more efficient software bring up, debug and test."
Availability & Resources
The new Virtualizer 14.12 release, which includes MultiSim, SimSight and FastBuild features, is available now.
Learn more about Virtualizer and VDKs:
Synopsys, Inc. (Nasdaq:SNPS) is the Silicon to Software™ partner for innovative companies developing the electronic products and software applications we rely on every day. As the world's 15th largest software company, Synopsys has a long history of being a global leader in electronic design automation (EDA) and semiconductor IP, and is also a leader in software quality and security testing with its Coverity® solutions. Whether you're a system-on-chip (SoC) designer creating advanced semiconductors, or a software developer writing applications that require the highest quality and security, Synopsys has the solutions needed to deliver innovative, high-quality, secure products. Learn more at www.synopsys.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/latest-synopsys-virtualizer-release-accelerates-vdk-performance-by-up-to-5x-for-early-software-development-300050540.html
SOURCE Synopsys, Inc.